Thread: OS 4.1 posts
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 02:41 PM   #15
corey@12mile
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: lots
Carrier: Rogers

Man... all these suggestions are a year old... I got banned, and criticized, and yelled at and made fun of because I asked for something to be done about this all a year ago...

But this year it's different... why? cause I really don't care anymore... I know I have said it before, but I really can't be bothered anymore to participate here.

People complain that when they do search they find 50 posts all asking the same thing, with the same answer... use the search button right? well if all of these 50 people who posted redundant threads would have used the search button to begin with, there would only be relevant threads left to return via search.

Not wanting to censor posts? Why have moderators then... let people have a free-for-all. In the meantime, while we do have moderators, make a forums called 'Your mother should have swallowed' and move all the redundant posts into that forum, and don't include it in the searched forums or in the new posts query.

It's then not considered censorship, it's just moving the retards post to a more suitable, out of the way place.

I used to love helping people out and answering questions... I feel that I used to contribute pretty good stuff, but after so many arguments with the mods, after people (on their first post, even) start polls to ban me, I find myself asking what's the point? The people who do come for help can't get anything because they get lost in a ton of stupid posts and the people who are too lazy to search for their answers talk smack about the people who actually do the helping.

I said this months ago, and I will say it again... this place is great, it's great for people to share knowledge, and others to learn, but until something is done about the people who are lazy, the more knowledgable people are going to start leaving. Period.

In addition to that, some people here are tolerated even though they *never* contribute anything productive to threads they post in... they constantly criticize people who know far more than them... Have a look at the 37 posts made by pawn... I have been banned for a couple (stretching here) of not so nice posts... Guarantee half of this guys posts are things I would have been banned for, and this guy is about as useful as a pylon...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/member.php?u=3671

I had a pretty relaxing Christmas break, and I figured something out... I am not going to spend time arguing with people on here to try and help them out. The answers are all here, they can find them themselves. If people really want to find the answer, they will... if not... f*ck em.

cd.

Wanna come kick my ass?

Find me at...
http://www.frappr.com/blackberryforums