Old 08-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
phrederick

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Re: Desktop Software doesn't see media card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic48 View Post
Does your computer not bring up the media card as another drive in your "My Computer"?

--Phil
Well, that's the thing.... and yesterday I was able to duplicate this on another similar computer (Both running XP+SP3) :

BEFORE installing Blackberry desktop software (Which is to say, no BB software of any version at all on the PC), I could access the 8100 via USB, it would show up as a drive under 'My Computer', I could move photos off the media card to the PC and MP3s to the 8100 from the PC using just windows explorer

I installed Desktop Software v6.1.0.35 on, let's call it "Computer A' , where I'd previously been seeing the media card under My Computer as described above. Now, the media card no longer shows up under 'my computer'. At first I thought, "Okay, the desktop software has somehow captured it so that now I access it through the Desktop software INSTEAD OF my computer." But the Desktop Software doesn't seem to be aware the card is there.

Yesterday, I did the same thing on 'Computer B'. I can see the card fine under my computer, then I install Desktop Software v6.1.0.35, I can no longer see the card via windows explorer, nor can I sync to it via the desktop software.

The 8100 itself sees the card fine, and I even reformatted it from the 8100 to be sure.
Offline   Reply With Quote