Old 09-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #10
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO
Default Re: bis over wifi prohibited

Quote:
Originally Posted by agold View Post
You mean that carrier can send some kind of provisioning to the phone which block bis over wifi? And there are no possibilities to change this on the phone, for example with engineering menu?
I agree with Rambo, it's not what they sent. It's what they didn't send. In this case a service book enabling BIS over WiFi. As you know, this allows data strait to RIM bypassing your carrier. I don't know much about your country (Russia) bu from what I hear it isn't surprising they won't allow data from your phone directly to a Canadian owned company...

So the solution isn't in tweaking the phone, it would be changing/adding the service book via provisioning.

Rereading your original post and comparing yours to mine I would think the block has to do with rcp.eu.blackberry.com:443. Mines goes to rcp2.us.... I connect to a US service while EU must mean Europe. So the block might be access to the RIM Europe gateway.

Do you have access to the qnt few that has this working? Can you compare and see what is in their HRT. As a wild guess it sounds like they never received the updated service books which added the blocks to the rest of you. If that is so then once their phone re-registers they will get updated books and loose that functionality.
Offline   Reply With Quote