View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
matcan

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone UK
Default 9780, software sluggish, busy clock appearing, battery drain / memory leak!! help!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi there - have recently got a Blackberry Bold 9780 on corporate scheme from Vodafone UK.

Originally came with software version .294 I think.... had problems with battery draining very fast so upgraded a few days ago to the latest version I can see on website, which is .546.
6.0 Bundle 2474 (v6.0.0.546, Platform 6.6.0.207)

Since doing this, a number of problems:

a) battery drain I don't think has improved

b) main issue is handset is very sluggish.... black clock-symbol hour glass frequently popping up and spinning in screen. Have to wait until it has finished doing this before I can do anything. Having to do battery pulls to get it working again sometimes.

c) boot up time after a battery pull seems slower than before.

basically, b is the main problem and quite a big one!! the thing doesnt seem useable at all.

Have been into the application settings on the handset, and the system software seems to be quite often running at very high CPU level (hence I guess the sluggishness).

Is this a known issue with this build?

I think I probably need to regress back to an older version of the o/s. What version is recommended as the most stable for the 9780, and best in terms of battery drain, memory leakage and responsiveness? is it .480? please advise.

Also, can you let me know where I can get this version from?

Finally, when I upgrade/downgrade versions, is there a way to avoid having to do whole enterprise activation process again, and just change o/s version?

Help greatly appreciated - this is driving me made and my old curve 8310 was better!!!!

Thanks,
Matt
Offline   Reply With Quote