View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 04:34 PM   #40
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Playbook vs 'The New' iPad

I'll be more succinct - stop shilling for RIM. You sound like an idiot. I've had a BlackBerry since RIM gave me a 950. Google it. It was unbelievable for the time.

I have a PlayBook. I bought a 64GB one the day it came out. Couldn't wait for it. The shortcomings appeared immediately. It had "potential" but wasn't useful. No apps. No native e-mail (bridging is innovative?). It was a desperate attempt to get to the tablet market which the iPad owned then and owns now.

I also have a new iPad (replacing an original iPad), a Motorola XOOM, a Kindle Fire and some sort of Samsung Android device somewhere. I think I can compare the usefulness of each. I am a customer who works for a company with revenues of over $40bn. I know what works for me and what doesn't. I don't need to be lectured by someone who showed up 30 seconds ago to promote a product that the market has rejected. I also know that our internal customers are sprinting away from RIM. I, however, won't be giving up my BlackBerry any time soon.

With respect to a new BES, we have 30 BES globally. All in redundant clusters. No one in my company will pay for a new BES because of BB 10. I know. I own the budget. Perhaps you have one BES and it is achievable, but that's just more bad marketing.

I am NOT an Apple Fanboy. I just know a useless device (the PlayBook) when I use it.

Just wondering - do you work for RIM or their PR company? Because you certainly sound like a shill.
Offline   Reply With Quote