View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 05:52 PM   #9
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: DTEK50 not getting emails on phone signal

The reason for asking whether you ever used a legacy BlackBerry on the BT Mobile account was for us to know whether BIS could be ruled out or not. We don't know your history. It pays to ask.

I don't remember the details of the network settings on the legacy BlackBerry, but I remember that BB10 is different from BBOS. I would think the Android settings are different, meaning don't use the old BlackBerry as a reference. The legacy BlackBerry was a different animal compared to other smartphones.

I think you have identified the general nature of the problem. I would go back into the mobile wireless and wifi setting on the DTEK and make sure you understand what the settings do.

Generally, you will need mobile wireless network turned on when out and about. This is how you will connect to BT Mobile on the cell network. If you are at a location with wif, you can turn on WiFi and connect to the network, and communicate over the wifi network so long as you are in range of the wifi network.

Drill down in the network settings. You probably have options to turn of data services and leave voice enabled. If phone calls are working and email and browser are not, then what may be the problem is data is turned off.

Also, while looking around, find the roaming settings and check those. You probably aren't roaming now, but you will want to know where the settings are at and what the settings are now.

I'll stop there. Once you begin looking you have more information and maybe questions. Just ask. Someone here can answer.

Be aware I don't use the DTEK. I'm going on general smartphone knowledge. But I don't know details about the DTEK. Someone else here will know.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Last edited by aiharkness; 05-31-2017 at 05:57 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote