View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 05:28 PM   #3
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Carrier: T-Mobile
Exclamation Re: Anyone else having problems using the Priv with Bluetooth Keyboards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
The only thought is the paring security may be stopping the completion. Did you try totally deleting the connection profile in the PRIV? Also make sure the security is correct and your Priv password if one is used is not blocking the connection.
The weird issue is the cheap BT keyboard works well so regardless of the thought it's the Priv does not seem right, I would suggest re-doing the connection including the other devices.
Over the last month or 2, I've completely deleted (told the Priv to "forget") the Logitech K780 device, then attempted to re-pair the 2, more times than I can even remember. Whether with my original K780, or the replacement that just arrived a few days ago, the result has been the same, no matter how many times I try again. After unpairing, I've rebooted the Priv, both via soft, and hard, reboot methods. I also regularly clear my temp cache data on the Priv, to maximize the phone's performance.

I went digging through my phone, looking for any and all Bluetooth settings that I could change, to see if there was a way to more thoroughly delete its memory of that pairing. I haven't found any security settings or anything else that I could change that would help. So if you have specific advice for specific settings I should go to and look at, please post detailed instructions here.

This whole thing began because one day, when I turned the K780 on, it wouldn't connect to my Priv, whereas it always had before. So, I tried deleting it and then re-pairing it, a process which has failed ever since, regardless of which of the 3 device buttons I try to pair it with. So, at this point, I'm unwilling to even unpair and then re-pair any of my other Bluetooth devices, for fear that the same thing might happen again.

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(
Offline   Reply With Quote