View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 09:07 AM   #1
Mattzilla

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t mobile
Default 8520 very strange wifi and mobile internet problem

Please Login to Remove!

Me and my girlfriend both have a curve 8520, mine works absolutely fine in every way, however my other half's frequently has internet problems, both mobile and wifi connected. Here's how my network is set up.

My home network consists of an ADSL router with wifi enabled, and various devices hardwired to it (xbox, a pc..). From one port, a Cat5 cable leading upstairs, connecting to wired router, specifically for the office. From one of the port into this second router, i'm using homeplugs to connect it to another router upstairs (couldn't be bothered with using a cable at the time I set it up). This last router was used as a wireless access point to eliminate a dead spot in the house. This access point then allowed me to connect an xbox, pc and a laptop in the dead spot room. Only the ADSL router has DHCP enabled.

The network works absolutely fine for everything BUT the 8520. The phone seems to connect and switch between each router, both with different SSID's, absolutely fine. But when it comes to using applications such as Blackberry Messenger, ping, facebook etc. the connection seems to endlessly load, and will eventually timeout. The mobile internet is exactly the same.

The only problems i can see is that it's connecting to the internet, but can't seems to process protocols or something? I plan on returning it to T Mobile, though it is around 6 months old now. Im just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this, or if someone has experienced it too?

*Edit - Typos.

Last edited by Mattzilla; 02-26-2011 at 09:09 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote