View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 05:23 PM   #11
mshykind
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular

I actually found that KB on the BB website and they did have a specific workaround:

Clear and restore the calendar database on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Using BlackBerry Desktop Manager, backup the BlackBerry smartphone calendar database. For instructions, see KB11297.
Clear the BlackBerry smartphone calendar database using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. For instructions, see KB05340.
Resend the BlackBerry Internet Service service books to the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB02830.
Restore the calendar data to the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB10339. This will place all of the calendar appointments in the BlackBerry Internet Service [CICAL] calendar, which will be synchronized.

I had already taken the 8300 back on Friday as I'd spent 3 hours with it, and couldn't afford to spend any more time. I was thinking about going back to the AT&T store and re-purchasing one and trying it again, but I wound up going golfing instead (I figured I would have been in front of the computer all day if I bought the 8300 trying to get it to work!).

My initial concerns about it, besides the sync issues, is that it really lagged compared to the 8700 that I have now. I bought the 8800 a few months ago when it came out, and noticed the same thing. I was hoping the 8300 would be a bit faster (switching between apps, answering a call while typing an email, etc...) since it didn't have GPS to bog it down. Do you have one? If so, have you noticed these issues?

My needs are really served best with the 8700...but with a 2 year old and a 4 year old, I can see using the camera. I used the camera on my Audiovox SMT 5600 all the time before I switched to the BB, but I hate to compromise performance during the week for a few pix of the kids on the weekends (I get about 150 emails/day and usually 4-5 hours of talk time, so I really noticed the difference when I went to the 8800 from the 8700).