Old 07-11-2008, 12:11 PM   #1
chriswight
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: N/A
PIN: N/A
Carrier: N/A
Default Conflicts and Outlook Cached Mode

Please Login to Remove!

Hi folks. We're seeing a problem with Conflicts for users who have Outlook configured for cached mode. It seems that for every message sent via the BB device, a Conflict is created in the Synch folder of the Exchange mailbox.

Apparently this has been going on for months, but users are just now starting to complain because their mailboxes are filling up with these conflicts. We currently have maybe 3,000 BB users with Outlook in cached mode. The problem seems to exist for all of them. I know for sure the problem does not happen for those not in cached mode.

We have (5) BES v4.1.4 in various parts of the world, with Exchange 2003 mailbox servers.

I found one thread on this site regarding the same issue, but the only response was "don't use cached mode". Unfortunately this really isn't an option for us, as our corporate policy encourages the use of cached mode.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-...-handheld.html

Any other ideas? I haven't tried RIM yet, but I have a feeling that this will be another issue they blame on MS. (And then MS will blame it on RIM).

Many thanks in advance!

On another note (and I don't mean to rant here), but could the image verification on the Search page be any more difficult? It's especially tough for me, as I'm red-green colour-blind, and often the digits blend together so I can't see them. I'm lucky if I get 1 out of 5 successful guesses.