View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 12:53 PM   #16
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Free, I haven't seen one. BB Maps, although free, is hardly what I would consider usable for a car based gps unless you're using it to miss your turn ;)

I use a Garmin so I don't need one on my BB although I could see where it would come in handy. The Garmin XM traffic reports were disappointing so I cancelled the service after two months; I rarely use GPS anyway. I'm waiting for Google Maps Mobile to add NYC subway stops as they have on the desktop and pick up a GPS location from the phone as the next killer app. Infoseek FindIt has the gps feature now (not true navigation).

TeleNav received good reviews and it won't break the bank. When they add traffic for the BB I may try it. I had used Intellinav with a PocketPC phone (T-Mobile MDA+bluetooth puck) and it killed the phone's performance. While using it as a GPS I would imaging using the BB for phone or email would be difficult but I haven't tried it and other can give good feedback.

GPS prices have come way down. CircuitCity has a ViaMichelin for $200 that received good reviews.

Regards-Michael G.