View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 07:17 PM   #40
JasonSamfield
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: 3053D7B3
Carrier: Verizon

I have experienced the following applications crashing and being subsequently closed by the operating system.
  • The BlackBerry Messenger application
  • "remindermanager" (part of the reminder/calendar application)
  • The Phone application
  • The Home Screen application
  • The Messages application

The "remindermanager" and BlackBerry Messenger applications were not restarted until my phone was rebooted. (Rebooting only occurs on a battery pull, new software install that prompts a reboot, or using the software programs to restart the phone.) The BlackBerry Messenger application would restart itself if I selected the icon from the home screen, however, the "remindermanager" did not restart even after opening up the calendar or tasks. It appears to be a separate process/program that is only begun when the phone boots up from a hard reset.

The Phone and Home Screen applications both restarted themselves when they were crashed. No problems occurred. Only once did it get really bad that I had to restart my phone to get the phone to work. I have never had a moment where the Home Screen did not reappear after crashing.

The Messages application had lots of trouble after crashing. I kept clicking the icon from the home screen, but it would give various errors mostly related to rebuilding the message list, however, a few times it would not even start after explaining a corrupt message list file that could not be rebuilt. Restarting the phone fixed it and fixed the "corrupt" message list database file.

Other applications have crashed for me too and with various responses to me trying to restart them before rebooting the phone entirely, but mostly they fall into the same categories mentioned above.
Offline   Reply With Quote