Old 10-21-2011, 10:00 PM   #20
barney-5-0
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9930
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
You really need to ask yourself why you're going through all this trouble.
It's pretty clear that you're dabbling with something that is beyond your skillset.
Why would you want to go through all of this trouble only to install an unsupported OS on your device? You don't even need the update.
Not to mention, if you do get it installed, you're giving up the ability to update your device over the air when Verizon has an approved update for you.

My advice...Stick with Verizon approved updates and simply do a wireless update, over the air, right from your device.
No cables needed, no PC needed, no deleting files or going through all of this "trouble".
Just a few clicks on the BlackBerry, wait for the update to complete, and you're done.
Thanks for the support dude. Anyways, i got it done. I still dont have the compatibility file folder tho, and i did it thru the DM. As far as my skill set? I have done the upgrade numerous times in the past when i began with an 8900. I havent been with a blackberry for over a year. But now that im back the instructions changed due to OS 7. No worries though. As far as everyone else that tried to help me Thanks! I love being back to BB.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline   Reply With Quote