Old 05-27-2008, 11:52 PM   #15
Blackberryer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIOHazard87 View Post
I'm confused then, what are you required to do to get the 8310 for $1 then? I thought that also required a new service plan. So it seems as long as I already have a plan, I can get this for $1 and slap it on there?
I'm sorry, let me clarify. I'm an iPhone owner, so my phone was obviously not subsidized. Therefore I'm eligible for full upgrade pricing despite my contract only being under a year old. Any existing ATT customers not up for renewal would probably have to add a new line in order to get the deal (unless you try asking nicely with a sales rep - sometimes that works)

The phone number I called incidentally was the customer service line listed on their wireless website. No special codes or reps are needed.

Also, looking at the Amazon deal, it seems there's lots of stipulations:

"The Price listed above for this phone includes an instant $250 discount from Amazon.com. You agree to repay this $250 discount to Amazon.com if, during the six-month period following the activation date or renewal date of your existing contract, you: (1) fail to pay your balance due each month on time; (2) fail to maintain your account in good standing; (3) disconnect the line of service; (4) transfer the phone to another line of service; (5) change your service rate plan, including canceling or removing required PDA, BlackBerry, or smartphone features after your product has shipped; or (6) use this line of service to replace an existing account with the carrier. The discount is available only if you are activating a new non-substitute line of service or extending an existing line of service. If you do not follow these rules, you authorize Amazon.com to charge your credit card $250 as reimbursement of the discount without need for further approval. Third-party resellers are prohibited from purchasing cell phones on behalf of customers. **Purchase limit five (5) cell phones per household.**"

With the $1 refurb, there's absolutely none of the above. I told the rep that I'd be upgrading to the Bold when it comes out and he told me it wouldn't be a problem.

Last edited by Blackberryer; 05-27-2008 at 11:58 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote