View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #7
The Sand
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9810
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: AT&T 4G Trouble in Los Angeles

I am still struggling Marjorly with both 9810's browser hanging when at home using 3G plus (which isn't LTE as BB's aren't capable of that.) It's the new 3G plus. I had a Bold 9000 which was your basic 3G in this exact same location and it ran stellar each and every day - all day/night. My WP7 and Nokia N900 which are also your basic 3G continue to run consistently with no trouble. Our 9810's, which have a different 4G plan (you have to change plans after purchasing the 9810) they only roll EDGE 60% of the time (you have to manually set them to EDGE)... or I just watch my browser hang and hang and hang until it says, "The server is busy please try again later or call your ISP."

I have a conference call with RIM and AT&T tomorrow. If this is not resolved I am buying out the contract and walking away from the Torch. I have spent countless HOURS talking to AT&T and I just get nowhere. I shouldn't be rolling EDGE on a 9810 - that is ridiculous. We continually fail at "Blackberry registration" during peek hours (thus we have no browser Monday through Friday between 9 to 5.) At&T says it's not them... really. Really??? That's why I want RIM on the line. But in the end it doesn't matter - the BB's don't run and after tomorrow I am finished with this. I believe this is network failure with the new 3g plus at my location (another STUNNER as I am located by Wilshire boulevard with massive high rises I can see and throw rocks at - I don't live in the sticks.) Buying myself out of the contract is expensive - but less so than buying a new smartphone cash. One thing is for sure... I am not rolling EDGE in my home for the next 2 years. No way.

It will be interesting to hear with RIM has to say tomorrow... I will post back.

Sandy
Offline   Reply With Quote