View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #33
Mattywalnuts
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: Options->Status->Hmm
Carrier: Evil Empire

Here's a post that I made yesterday in another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattywalnuts View Post
So, I'm back after 10 days. Just returned the two Pres and reactivated my two VZ lines. I would of gladly stayed with Sprint and waited for the Hero, but I went out to the East End of Long Island, an area where I go at least twice a month and there was literally ZERO service. In Nassau County and NYC, Sprint works comparably to Verizon, but not out east. I was getting the unlimited everything family plan for $97+taxes with my corporate discount and it kills me to go back to paying $140+.

So to the Pre: It's small, looks great, and is actually pretty easy to type on (i'm 6' 1'' with decent size hands). I had my Outlook Exchange Email working and although not as easy to operate as a trackball (you can't highlight multiple emails for deletion), the touchscreen had zero lag and worked flawlessly. Things I didn't like, no apps, no sound profiles, copy/paste fuction is terrible. Also, I just got the feeling that the hinge which allowed the device to open was going to go at any point. Oh yeah, battery is beyond laughable despite what other say about ways to retain power. My wife didn't like the phone at all, it looked nice to her but she felt that you had to be fragile with it, which I concur...my 8830 is as solid as a brick.

I'm patiently waiting for Storm 2...my phone journey continues.

Wifey: Pre > 8530
Offline   Reply With Quote