View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 10:51 PM   #83
Spankypoo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: TMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmontRD View Post
Yeah...unfortunately this just happened to me...and something else REALLY weird.

I'm finding that my UMA setup with 130 is nowhere near as good as it was with 4.6.1.250. My phone switches from UMA to uma to GPRS to GMS periodically. When I actually get a call on UMA, the sound fades in and out. Not good. One of my next projects is to play with UMA, QoS on the router, etc. (ugh).

In the meantime, I was sitting at my desk typing away at the pc, and suddenly heard the loud fast beeping from the 8900 that you get when you leave a phone off hook for a long time after a call is disconnected. Weird, because I never heard the phone ring, and I did NOT answer it...

So -- out of curiosity I checked my phone log, and it showed one missed call (aaaak! doesn't that mean I have an hour to live or something???). I had no icon showing a missed call, and I had no icon showing a voicemail -- but a voicemail msg was also waiting for me.

Grrrrrr...I really like 5.x.x.x, but it's starting to feel less and less ready for primetime...
Same thing here. Every missed call produces that sound after. Definitely some awkward moments in store...

UMA performance for me is also super sketchy, and today it just gave up and wouldn't place calls over UMA or EDGE. Had to reboot.

Last edited by Spankypoo; 07-30-2009 at 11:06 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote