View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 10:17 AM   #3
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: GM Onstar drops Blackberry

Sadly it is the direction. Not surprised.
My only issue is the size of the new phones. I suppose I will eventually look at different models and see if I can find one I like sized the same as the Z10 or close.

I called the service number given in the GM letter I received and they said not all Android phones will be accepted. Asking why not, I was told the phone has to be either IPhone or a Google Android. All other phones including Blackberry and Microsoft windows phones are not useable. I asked if Google was buying GM. The rep was quiet. He did say the requirement was to have a Google account and that would allow Google and GM to be able to access the vehicle for both diagnostic and marketing requirements. I asked why does Google need to know what or where I'm driving. He said for future consumer offers that would display on my vehicles display. He suggested it may be a sale item near a store I would be passing. Also to "alert" the driver and passengers on a nearby restaurant. Also Google has a feature to allow users to "locate" their device and that may include your car.

Talk about big brother knowing every step.

I may be reactivating my Motorola Bag phone.

Last edited by tsac; 05-03-2017 at 10:19 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote