View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 07:15 AM   #3
BBLoverGurl
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: NA
Default Re: 9700 OS - Help Choose Please. 979 or 1014

Yup. I have tried OS 6. But I tried the official release and it is bad. I do not believe in downloading leaks.

I really appreciate the way you have answered all my questions, almost. Just still confused whether .1014 has any significant changes than .979 else i'd just go back...

DATA LEAKS I meant even thought my pattern of usage has not changed, the device is using the internet (GPRS) channel for some communication. I do not browse. My BIS plan includes unlimited chatting on google talk and yahoo messenger and unlimited emails... I do not use anything other than that. Browsing anyway in my BIS plan is disabled.

Now only since I have upgraded to .1014 ... i firstly lost an extra 5MB memory which is huge considering the fact that 9700 just has 256 MB for apps

Secondly since I have upgraded to .1014 ... Without me using the GPRS, the internet's getting used for some purpose and since this is neither for the free and unlimited BIS messengers or email, i'm getting charged for it

But again, I do not know and am not sure if the OS .1014 itself is causing this behavior.

Any suggestions on what to do - between .979 and .1014? Please. Thank you
Offline   Reply With Quote