View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 09:39 PM   #17
SplinterCell
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

This is the reply I made on CrackBerry this morning, but they deleted this Kisses fool's thread. I just copy and pasted my reply as I believe it's valuable info. Sorry, I can not post links (so copy and paste obviously replacing the "xx" with "tt") as I'm new, but may post here more often as I now have an account here. This Kisses app just makes me mad as hell and I have to get my 2¢ in. I wish CrackBerry wouldn't have deleted this PhoneSnoopers thread as it's a valuable warning for some searching for info on these apps!

-------------------
Something fishy when the developer of this PhoneSnoop hxxp://chirashi.zensay.com/2009/10/phonesnoop-turn-a-blackberry-into-a-portable-bug/ who in their own words describes this app with words like "victim" and "attacker". I could care less if PhoneSnoop was devolved to raise awareness; terrorist acts are committed to raise awareness!

If you still want to install this "spyware detector" be forewarned...Kisses will not detect the developers own spyware PhoneSnoop. Here's an article I found by the Washington Post on PhoneSnoop: DHS: PhoneSnoop app bugs BlackBerrys. hxxp://voices.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2009/10/dhs_warns_of_blackberry_snoopi.html?hpid=sec-tech

The Department of Homeland Security's U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT) is warning about PhoneSnoop...

Quote:
BlackBerry PhoneSnoop Application Used to Spy on Users
added October 27, 2009 at 11:59 am

US-CERT is aware of public reports of a new software application called PhoneSnoop. This software allows an attacker to call a user's BlackBerry and listen to personal conversations. In order to install and setup the PhoneSnoop application, attackers must have physical access to the user's device or convince a user to install PhoneSnoop.

US-CERT encourages users to only download BlackBerry applications from trusted sources and to password protect and lock BlackBerry devices.
To the developer of PhoneSnoop and Kisses, IMHO what you are doing is offering protection from people like you. Keep your grubby, snooping hands off my BlackBerry!

Kisses of Death,
Chris