View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #1
Bobb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Can Anyone Point Me to Outlook.com Info?

Please Login to Remove!

Greetings everyone.

In another thread, I've attempted to seek assistance in synchronizing my BB Z10 with my Outlook calendar and contacts using USB connection to the computer and BB Link. There's no need to add anything to what I've already posted, and it's apparent that many, many of my fellow BB OS10 users are experiencing the same issue. Of course, I am absolutely LIVID over the fact that what I could once do in about sixty seconds with a few clicks of a mouse on my very first BB more than ten years ago (that is, sync calendar and contacts using USB connection and BB Desktop Manager) is now IMPOSSIBLE with the current Z10/OS10/BB Link configuration. BB Link simply can't write data to the device (can't even perform a backup of the device). BTW: This was NOT the case until the most recent OS and BB Link software upgrade. It is absolutely unfathomable. More than a decade has gone by, yet the "new, mega-wonder" OS10 and Z10 can't do what my lowly BBs did way back when.

Some have said to be patient and wait until the bugs are fixed in BB Link, and that USB-connected BBs running OS10 will likely be able to sync locally once the software has been upgraded. So...

Reluctantly, I'll try what I've been reading about: establishing an account at Outlook.com, and syncing wirelessly. However, I'm unable to find precise information as to how to go about doing all that.

I am NOT asking anyone to take the time to outline the necessary steps to accomplish this. I just would like to have someone provide me with links to sites where I can get information on the procedure to upload my calendar and contact data to Outlook.com and then wirelessly sync to my BB Z10. I'll tackle it on my own. So far, my on-line searches have not resulted in the info I seek.

Thanks!

Coatesville, Pennsylvania USA
(Suburban Philadelphia)

Last edited by Bobb; 03-20-2014 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: Fix Spelling
Offline   Reply With Quote