View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 11:13 AM   #3
AverageWhiteBloke
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default Re: Application Loader Has to Close

Bit of an Update. After spending just about all day trying to sort this out I have come up with some conclusions. Firstly it's the latest version of App World that is causing the out of memory error. After install it comes up on the next boot, it doesnt show up in applications to delete it so the only way I could find of clearing it out was to have to re-load the OS which is a bit of a joke considering how long it takes.
To get rid of the Application Loader error I had to un-install The application software as well as Desktop Software and delete the RIM folder. After re-installing the App loader it worked and I could re-install the OS from fresh. As soon as I installed The latest Desktop Software all the App loader problems came back.
Managed to get most things running again although buttons don't seem to work immediately for some reason now

Can I just say this is my second BB, I also have a torch which I rarely have problems with. So far I have never came across something as bewildering to set up and use as a blackberry.
Why don't RIM just unify things? There a umpteen different ways of updating and installing apps and software that have you going round in circles for ages and some don't work depending on what you have previously installed. At times I feel like I'm dealing with a phone that's still in experimental stage and the maker hasn't quite got their act together yet.
Not what I expected of a big player like RIM. Maybe it's just because I'm using an old phone that isn't as important to their software development any more I dunno.

Finding answers to questions is not easy, I have trawled through page after page all day and never once came up with a definitive answer. It's as if the BB owners are more responsible for keeping them running than BB themselves.

Had a really bad day!
Offline   Reply With Quote