View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
lancer525

Model: ----
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Alltel
Default Switching carriers, keeping the BB Phone...

Please Login to Remove!

I am at a point in my contract with Alltel, where I am able to upgrade my phone. I've narrowed it down to two choices, which are the 8830 World, or the 8530 Curve. My question is, since I am with Alltel, and will be for the next two years, what would happen if I were to move within that time-frame to a location where Alltel had no service? I may be taking a job in another state soon, and my only two choices for service providers would be Verizon and T-Mobile. Actually, I only have one choice, since I would give up having a cell phone if Verizon were the only carrier. I don't like how they do business, by disabling so many features on phones so people have to pay for the ones they offer.

At any rate, is there a way to keep the phone, and transfer it all over to a new carrier? Can the BB be hacked to allow this? I know there is something called "unlocking" but I have no idea how it works, or if it is even an option in this scenario.

Can someone please give me a reasonable explanation of how it might work, for me to upgrade to a BB, and then in the next few weeks or months move to another carrier with it?

Thanks!!
Offline   Reply With Quote