View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #1
ckurt25

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW
Default Desktop Manager / Calendar Question from new BB User

Please Login to Remove!

I originally posted a similar question under the device specific area but didn't get any helpful responses.

At home, I'm a Mac user. Macbook (snow leopard), iPad, iPhone 3Gs. At work, which is a new job, I have a Win 7 laptop, Outlook (Exchange) and have been issued a BB. I have MobileMe and my iCal calendar "published" and have added it to my Outlook and I can see the home calendar basically overlayed on top of my work calendar. I have my work calendar also published and added it to my iPhone, iPad and iCal. All of those work great. I can see calendars perfect. They're actually color coded in Outlook and the Apple devices so I can tell which one is home, which one is work.

My BB is another story. I can't subscribe to a calendar on the BB and I've tried using Yahoo and Gmail accounts to pick up the home calendar and pass it off to the BB (its a 9550 btw) but that hasn't worked either.

My question is this.... If I used Desktop Manager to subscribe (?) to the my iCal / MobileMe will I be able to view (only need to view my home calendar on my BB, no need to sync) it on the BB? I haven't tried it yet because I haven't been able to track down a USB cable to connect the BB to the laptop. My job won't require me to be a slave to the BB but it'd be nice if someone wants to schedule something for work and not have to pull out my iPhone before accepting a meeting request.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Chris

Last edited by ckurt25; 07-02-2010 at 10:39 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote