Old 06-10-2008, 02:14 PM   #36
jmarrapodi

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Smile Found It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarrapodi View Post
I have a Pearl 8100 and this puppy has been recognizing the card just fine until my system got upgraded to Office 2007. That shouldn't have any connections but all kinds of goofy things have gone wrong since. I have XP on a Dell Notebook and a 3GB memory card. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the BBY desktop manager several times, battery pulls, removing the memory and blowing on it for dust and nothing helps.
I went on another list and found this... It took some fiddling to find the computer management and the disk management, but my system was recognizing the card, and named it G, the same drive as our corporate shared drive. Finding it this way allowed me to change the drive letter. Don't know WHY it suddenly decided to be uncooperative, but it appears to be happy today...as am I.
Jean

DwightKeenan Offline
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint 10-02-2007, 10:54 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I solved my problem.

It was a drive letter assignment issue and can easily be resolved by doing the following:

(Make sure you BB is connected and Mass Media Support is turned on)

1. Goto Control Panel
2. Computer Management
3. Disk Management

In the upper right you should see your Media Card as a letter.

4. Right click on it and chose "Change Drive Letter" and make it something that is not in use that never will be.

This worked perfectly for me. I did uninstall and resinstall the desktop manager, but I don't think I had to. That was just my first attempt.

Good luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dwight Keenan
BB830 - Sprint
Offline   Reply With Quote