View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 01:23 PM   #56
32ff4y

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: CredoMobile

This is the second occasion when BB's sync software has crashed repeatedly on me. I'm happy for those of you for whom Redflea's remedy (quoted several times above) of deleting the RIM folder and reconfiguring the sync options worked. It didn't for me. Neither did Jblount's.

This time around, the key for me was in contributors' messages--like John Clark's and Barbwyr's--that focus on change to an instance of a recurring event. In my case, one meeting out of a series was postponed for a week, so I just opened the event and changed the date. I do that sort of thing fairly regularly. The surprise for me was that I didn't have to delete the whole series of events, sync, and restore the series. All I had to do was undo my change and sync again. It worked!

From now on, I guess I won't change previously inserted Outlook dates. Instead, I'll insert new non-recurring events for the postponements. Thing is, I fervently agree with those here who wonder why RIM doesn't address this bug. Postponing meetings must happen once in awhile to everybody who keeps a calendar.

By the way, neither deleting attachments nor unclicking the mapped item for notes (in the advanced options) worked for me either.
Offline   Reply With Quote