Old 07-03-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
mrsbeauregarde

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Wind (Orange Italy)
Default BIS in the UK: I need help!

Please Login to Remove!

Hello everyone,
my name is Chiara and I'm an Italian postgraduate student. I'll be in London for the whole month of July and I need some advice for my Blackberry.
I just got myself an used (and, obviously, completely unlocked) Blackberry 8520 and I'd like to take it with me in London. As I just said, the phone is completely unlocked. I haven't activated the BIS (blackberry internet service) with an Italian operator, as I wanted to purchase a british SIM in the UK and to activate the BIS directly on it.

I saw a "free Blackberry SIM" promo on the t-Mobile UK website. It seems brilliant, but I have some questions.

- Can I get the free sim even in a t-Mobile store, or i MUST have it shipped in my post?
- I'd prefer a Pay as you go plan. With the free Blackberry SIM, will I have free BIS even if I purchase a Pay as you go plan and I use it for just a month?
- Of course I guess I'll need to unlock my BB from the t-Mobile BIS in order to be able to activate the Internet Service when I'll come back to Italy. How do I do that? Is it a long procedure?

I hope I was clear. I apologize for my clumsy, stiff English!

Chiara
Offline   Reply With Quote