View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 01:10 PM   #10
bb4dennis
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: 5.0.0.822 hangs at AT&T logo

That's interesting, Mordred. I decided that AT&T MyWireless app was useless and deleted it some time ago. When I want to check things about my account, I now just use their app on the web -- not to mention their app on the web has details, not just summary numbers.

In my case, I've quit using the BB Desktop Software (BDS) except for backup/restore -- not to upgrade anymore. I now just use the loader.exe, also way faster. I connect the BB, backup settings/data using BDS, backup apps then wipe device using BB Swiss Army Knife (BBSAK). Next, I install the new version to the PC, use loader.exe to install the new version, run BDS again to restore settings/data, then run BBSAK again to restore apps. I'm sure the more experienced users figured this out long ago. I've had no more AT&T logo hangs since doing things this way (versus using BDS to upgrade versions). FYI, I've done this process twice, once from 822 to 1022 then yesterday from 1022 to 1036. (I'm trying to find a release that fixes alerts which I depend on quite a bit, and read somewhere that 1036 fixes it -- time will tell).
Offline   Reply With Quote