View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 10:32 PM   #131
keisur
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Curve 8330)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by keisur View Post
When I upgraded my GPS worked with BBmaps but it only showed terrain and would track fine but the streets were all gone. I reinstalled and that didn't fix it. so I went back to the last version and won't try another upgrade until the next version. I also noticed lag after button presses, maybe a 1 or 2 second delay before it would respond to the button being pressed.

My only complaint is Verizons crap with locking features out. After my term I'm switching providers as it reminds me of being naked with 10 naked hot chicks and one ugly chick laying down in front of me, but only having the option to ravish the ugly chick.
I have had this map issue before and it has always been an issue with not having data coverage or a failure briefly, not an issue with the map. Every time it has happened to me I have tried to browse the Internet and that wouldn't work either. Once browsing was restored, BBMaps would work properly.
Negative. I ran it for days with the gps not working correctly and still surfing the net and making calls and instant messaging and every other feature working. Plus I don't see your point since bbmaps uses the gps chip and the internet uses the coverage connection you are speaking of. The two are completely separate so you must have some other issue if the bbmaps does that while you are using the browser.
Offline   Reply With Quote