View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 05:47 PM   #1
Zeeman28a
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers
Default Bluetooth, Windows 7 32bit, Desktop Manager 5 and my Bold 9700

Please Login to Remove!

I am able to pair my 9700 with my Windows desktop. I am using a Belkin F8T003tt USB BT Adapter.

Win 7 Pro 32bit and the 9700, DM 5.0 cannot see the USB device. Yes I have BT enabled, yes my device is discoverable, yes I have desktop connectivity and wireless bypass enabled. No I am not a BES user so no IT policy.

Under Bluetooth devices, no services are listed. I believe there should be services listed. Same goes for hardware. No functions are listed. Under General and Bluetooth tab, most lines say unavailable.

Under device manager, under bluetooth radio, I have Belkin Bluetooth Adapter and Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator and under networking, I have Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network and) Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol ID). There is a standard modem listed under Modems but it's not identified as Bluetooth or Blackberry and it is working properly, but am unable to query the modem. And under Ports, there are RIM Virtual Serial Port v2 (COM5) and RIM Virtual Serial Port v2 (COM6).

Under device manager, the Belkin uses Microsoft drivers as Belkin does not have drivers for Win 7.

It's frustrating not being able to get this to work. Searching on the internet for possible solutions and so far have only found issues dealing with Win XP w/SP2.

There are no other bluetooth devices connected or paired.

I used to have a Pearl 9100 and was able to connect to my Windows XP desktop using DM 4.2. But now that I've upgraded to Win 7, it no longer works.

So can anyone help?

Thanks.

PS. The above stickies need to be updated to reflect Windows 7 and most of the links come back as unknown pages.

Last edited by Zeeman28a; 04-07-2010 at 05:50 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote