View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 03:10 AM   #1
a102rd

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Starhub
Default Blackberry Internet Service: not connected

Please Login to Remove!

I got a tour from sister as a gift. It's an unlocked Verizon unit. I have tried with BIS in Indonesia while I was there for holiday with a GSM network and it worked fine both 2G and 3G.

Then when I tried in Singapore (Starhub), the data access (BIS) didn't work and showed "not connected" and Host routing table shows nothing. I tried several battery pulls without solving the problem.
Network diagnostics shows:

PIN: xxxxxxxx MSISDN: xxxxxxxxxx Device Type: BlackBerry 9630 Application Version: v4.7.1.61 Platform Version: 4.1.0.81 Radio Data Activation: Yes Signal Level: -77 dBm Radio Access: UMTS Network: StarHub IP Address: 10.18.xx.xxx ICMP Ping Echo: Yes
BlackBerry Registration: No Connected to BlackBerry: Abort BlackBerry PIN-PIN: Abort

I remember it should display:
Blackberry Internet Service: mobile network, small blackberry logo next to the signal strength and network type (3G/EDGE/GPRS), when it's connected to blackberry service.

I called the provider and the reply was "....tour is not supported by the network because it's CDMA device..." which i think it's not true. It worked fine previously with overseas GSM network. Any comments for this?

Anybody has some suggestion how to overcome this?

Thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote