View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 12:34 AM   #1
TDM

Model: Z10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Koodo
Default Z10: Password (may have) reset itself + can not use keyboard

Please Login to Remove!

I have had a Z10 for the past year, and it has - so far - been great. For the last few weeks, I've had a short number-only password. A few hours ago, I went to unlock my phone and I got the wrong keyboard (alphanumeric instead of numeric). Also, instead of a message containing a password request, I have the line 'Enter "blackberry".'

To make this more difficult, my screen is partially shattered, so I can not press any of the keys on the right side of the keyboard - which includes keys that I need to type my original password or the string "blackberry".

I have had the same password for several weeks, now. As far as I know, no one else knows my password and would have changed it on me.

So far, I have downloaded blackberry link and blackberry connect to try and save all of my information before resetting my phone - but when I type in my password, it loads for a few minutes then asks me for my password again.

Is there any way to save it? I have a lot of contacts and media on my phone which are (unfortunately) not saved anywhere else.
Offline   Reply With Quote