View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #153
tateu
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by visortgw View Post
My Options are set to Activate on Startup, but the app never updates on its own following a device reboot. Is this possibly a result of the changes several iterations back where the delay before weather is downloaded when device first boots was changed from 60 to 30 to 15 seconds?
Are you saying:
1) it doesn't update only right after it boots, but 30 minutes later it does update?
or
2) it doesn't ever update the homescreen?

If 1), then yes, bringing the delay down to 15 seconds could cause this, it has happened to me once or twice since switching it to 15 seconds. What happens here is that, when the device boots, BBWeather is executed before all the network connections (3G, Wi-Fi, etc.) are completed. I don't know of any way to specify in which order apps and network connections are booted, so I put a delay into BBWeather, the first time it boots. This only effects BBWeather when you boot your phone. After 30 minutes it should auto update, or you could just manually run it when you boot your phone.

I consider this to be such a small problem (how many times a day or week do people boot there phones?) I haven't put too much thought into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
this app needs:

1. radar maps
2. weather alerts
3. 5 day (one screen) no scrolling forecast
1. It's on a list of things to do, but down very, very low. I haven't even begun to think about how to accomplish it.
2. It's on a list of things to do, but down very low. I have given a little thought to this and looked into the NOAA website as a source of alerts (based on a user suggestion).
3. Is definitely planned (no time table though)..I was thinking the days would be lined up left to right, with a weather icon and high/low temps underneath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
also - been getting device freezes (extended hour glass) since installing this app - nothing else installed since BB weather
i have a bold
Hmm, wish I had something constructive to tell you...haven't had anything like that here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by searly View Post
I was wondering, and yes, it is just wondering, if the touch/swipe feature of the Storm can be built into this app. Meaning, you previously added the buttons for "Daily/Hourly/Current" into the Storm version of the App (nicely done). I was wondering if it could be built as to utilize the touch/swipe actions as far as if you swipe right to left it changes your locations, and if you swipe down to up it changes the daily/hourly/current settings for whatever location you are on.
There is a specific development environment for the Storm (JDE v4.7)...I haven't looked into it but my guess would be that, if the Storm has this feature available, then I would be able to access it. Added to the list of things to do.
Offline   Reply With Quote