Old 09-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
MBPhotos

Model: 8530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MetroPCS
Default Hello from So.Cal!

Please Login to Remove!

Hey there everybody,

Just thought I would post up saying hello! My name is Michael Barry, I'm 18 (19 on the 30th of this month) located in southern California. I'm very into photography, cars and technology. I would post my website but I have to have 10 or more posts. You can see it on my profile though!

I signed up here as I am currently with AT&T and have the Samsung Impression (please don't flame me for it, I couldn't afford a blackberry, iphone or other smartphone plan lol) I pretty much hate this phone and can't wait to ditch it. I am currently on a family plan with my dad and aunt, neither of which really use their phones much at all, so, my dad is canceling the plan and leaving me out to dry pretty much... I will have to fend for myself as far as a phone, which is why I decided to go with MetroPCS as I can get the Blackberry 8530 for ~$250 then the blackberry plan which is $60 a month. Not bad, and definitely the cheapest I can find (which I need as finding a job around here is proving to be near impossible at the moment)

Anyway, what do you all think about this? is MetroPCS and their blackberry/plan ok? I've been with Metro before I switched to AT&T but only had their slider messaging phone. Do I lose any features or anything by going with Metro's service?

Also, I know I may be flamed for this, but I want the best bang for my buck (which I'm sure will probably be the blackberry but I want to make sure) I have been thinking of buying a used Verizon or Sprint android and having it flashed to Metro. They say you get everything and only have to pay $40 a month. Does anybody know anything about this? Is it worth it? I was looking at the Droid X or Incredible or even the Evo or HD2, not sure which to go with if I go that way but probably the Droid X.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to whatever I get and wanted to get some info from you guys and say hello!

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by MBPhotos; 09-21-2010 at 01:28 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote