Old 03-29-2011, 07:39 AM   #13
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on
Default Re: Another Android Flirtations Comes and Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
I found myself giggling today in a Starbucks at around 4:30 PM. I was in this state of mind after seeing my battery meter still well above 50% having not used a charger all day. I didn't realize how much I had to worry about having enough juice left late in the day on my Evo.
Juice can be a big issue on the Evo, I agree. Especially if you're in an area with a weak data signal or your phone is constantly switching towers.

At my office (downtown Cincinnati) I get great battery life. I get a solid 4G signal and only I lose about 10% every 4 hours or so with normal use.

At home I'm halfway between two cell towers. One of these towers is great... it gives me 2 "arches" of 4G or all 5 bars of 3G. The other tower appears to have no 4G and only weak 3G. But for some reason I can't understand at all, depending on where I am standing in my house, it will connect to the one or the other. (Which SUCKS... I am still looking for a reliable way to force it to ignore the weak tower, or hide it from the phone or something.)

The result of this is that when I am at home and not using WiFi (I'm usually not; that's another story), my phone burns through the battery big time as it bounces back and forth between the two towers.
Offline   Reply With Quote