aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: BBM or Whatsapp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBox View Post
And that illustrates the RIM mindset.

On the other hand documentation and use of What's app is straight forward. Security does not depend on hardware used or routing.
If you mean mindset about collecting and brokering advertisements and who knows what else from your personal information, then ditto, I agree.

I'm guessing several things about WhatsApp rolling out end-to-end encryption....

* WhatsApp has a lot to make up for given past security issues. I know this probably doesn't register for the average user, but negativity builds and eventually those who didn't know or care suddenly become aware even if they don't understand.

* Digital and mobile privacy is so hot right now. It is great marketing to leverage it. But it is debatable how important end-to-end encryption is to 99% of users. And then you figure the users so worried about their chat app having data in transit encryption end to end, but don't lock their device, root it, and give no thought to the data on the device.

* Yes, BlackBerry should be giving away end to end encryption rather than charging for it. I cringe when I read, "But that is about the consumer <fill in the blank> and not our enterprise <fill in the blank>.

* No need to rehash the information that is provided as well as can be derived from metadata. I think what is evident is Facebook is happy without the content, and metadata is plenty valuable, than you very much.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile