federgejzla
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9860
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Re: Playbook vs 'The New' iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
So no native email or PIM sync makes it the best tablet from the beginning? Because that was added in 2.0.
Do not twist my words to justify lack of knowing what is actually in there. That is not what I said. What I did say is that what PlayBook did have from v1 (and it did give me faster access to email/PIM than any other tablet) was and continues to be better for me.

In the BlackBerry ecosystem this works really well. I get instant email message delivery with significant data traffic savings while still having the easiest way to access content on both my phone and tablet.

I'll just illustrate few examples:

1. Email is sent you you with few large attachments. In BB world these get delivered to you over the air only once and are then shared between the tablet and the phone. Not twice - once to each device, not to mention that I don't need a second data plan either.

2. If you send an email from your tablet, do you see a copy of it on your phone (or vice versa)? How does it get there?

3. You want to send a picture, for example, from the convenience of your tablet, but it is the picture that you took with your phone. I just attach the picture from the phone - communication only happens via Bluetooth between the two devices, no mobile network, extra data plans and traffic, no need for cloud and slowdowns it introduces.

In the end, this is a BlackBerry forum for those who either "get it" or "want to get it". If you are neither, please don't post misinformation because you didn't care about getting informed in the first place.

As for 2.0, it adds more, including the native email with extraordinary functionality of its own. And that runs on the original PlayBook as well - no need to siphon more money into incremental hardware enhancements.
Offline   Reply With Quote