JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

In red:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinclairgoldbergprice View Post
I have just got a 8310 and am hoping that someone could answer a number of questions before i throw this thing out the window!!!! several questions I'm afraid
Patience!

1 -since O2 finally got the web & email working (or some of it) 2 icons have appeared on the desktop for facebook and Yahoo - it seems in can only grey these out but how do i get rid of them???
Hide them is the best you can do. Hover over > Menu > Hide. Sounds like you have done that already by greying them out. Now Hit Menu > and UNcheck Show All.

2 -I have an icon in the top section showing that i have either an email or text - yet there are none in the actual email or text sections??
I am not sure what you need here.

3 - i anaged to set up the email - but since then the bowser icon takes me to the email login screen - i login and it asks me about services and setting - where has browsing the internet gone??
While in your browser, press Menu > Bookmarks and see if you can go anywhere else. Or Menu > Go To, and type in something like wap.blackberryforums.com

4 - how do i get my phone list up - if i select address book (fairly obvious choise - it opens to an email template - i can get the numbers i called before email was set up by pressing the green button and/or then hitting menu again to get call from address book - surely you should have 1 icon to give you your telephone numbers???
Do you have any contacts in your Address Book? Your Phone numbers will be stored there. Look at Address Book > Menu > Options > General Options. You should see the number of "entries" in your Address Book there. What is it?

5 - i have linked my phone to my bluetooth kit but i will not connect automatically - i have to fiddle or try call out to get it to link - have had a look in the bluetooth section but can see an instruction which says connect to the car immediately
Do you have the Bluetooth connection to your car set to "trusted"?
I think when you get some of these bugs worked out, you will be fine. The BB does have a steeper learning curve, and after you get a bit more comfortable with the OS, you will be fine.
Offline   Reply With Quote