View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #11
Kex

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Re: Latest OS: 8100 4.5.0.313/4.5.0.188 (Multilanguage)

Thank you so much, ladies and gentlemen!

Thanks to this information, I was able to update my ancient (four year old) BlackBerry Pearl 8100. It was purchased new from T-Mobile U.S.A., and was recently removed from service as a business phone.

I couldn't get rid of the company I.T. policy since the latest "official" O.S. for the phone was 4.2.1.107. BBSAK wouldn't recognize the phone as connected (even though it asked for the password, and recognized the correct password). The latest BlackBerry desktop software would not perform a factory reset either. The I.T. department at the company were baffled and hadn't been able to do anything either, although they did try their best!

Armed with the information above, I was able to easily download install 4.5.0.188, and then perform the "loader.exe resettofactory" command in a command line interface for Windows 7 (64 bit), which had done nothing previously. This time it worked and the requirement for a password that locks the phone every fifteen minutes is gone at long last.

Thanks also for the warning that the phone would be busy doing "stuff" for long periods. It meant that I wasn't worried it was just stuck, and left it to finish its business!

May you have good traffic light karma for the rest of 2012 and beyond!
Offline   Reply With Quote