scaevola
BlackBerryFAQ.com Moderator

Model: 9900
PIN: ask Nicely.
Carrier: AT&T/tmobile
Default Re: E-Mail To Myself ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09TM View Post
UPDATE- BB was working on this issue the last couple of days. They found some codes with the Q10 software and AOL was creating the error (not allowing server to send out). They suggested I create a new contact using all CAPS and then input my email address....... Presto, I can now CC myself and send pics, etc. to myself with NO more issues.

Got to give BB support 2 up for not giving up and helping me with this issue!
Generally it will work but In my experience you send an email to yourself from your original address it won't show anywhere (gmail yes) ...other maybe not.

BTW it's not "search" it's activesynch check frequency way way different ( I too miss bis push).

The lower the sync more the bb manually runs synch check comparing it's db versus the servers (IE = $$$ in regards to battery power).

the only instance I haven't seen this is in outlook 365 which seems to work pretty darn good (new job day 3).

I would recommend(if you want a guaranteed solution) add a second email address to your bb and changing the from sender to that one and send it to your original, in my experience it's guranted to show up relatively soon regardless of provide....

Man do I miss gmail label support!! And a working ymail & gvoice apps