View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 01:36 AM   #5
franklin3460

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telstra

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukynk2bb View Post
ok, I understand now. so tell me, what have you changed since it worked to present? (reinstall itunes, reinstal OS, change BB...)
OK - Here Goes! Hope you've got a hot drink there! My memory is not that great, but I will try and give you a rough idea of what's occurred.

Originally (months and months ago), I managed to sync several of my favourite playlists from Itunes onto the Blackberry. I have dozens of playlists, but I only opted to sync the specific lists which I still have on my BB today. That all seemed to work well with no problems.

All was well and then recently there was an upgrade to the BB OS which I upgraded to. I just can't remember which version it was. It might have been V5 - but I'm not sure. Suddenly, I found my phone had been wiped of all information and literally had gone back to the original factory settings. (I didn't think this was supposed to happen). This alarmed me, but nothing on the phone was all that important. I proceeded to reload most of what I needed when I noticed there were a couple of things not quite right, so I actually deleted all 3rd party applications and all the memory and started again. (This may have been part of my problem ). I thought it was only going to delete Twitter, FaceBook and a couple of other miscellaneous applications - stuff I thought I could just download again.

I then found a link for the older software and put 4.6.0.282 back on. I was able to get the phone firing again and have since reloaded my "miscellaneous applications" and all seems well with it, except the Media Sync option.

I have to admit, it's not such a big problem - but it is annoying - and one day I am going to want to update the playlists again.

I've updated all the relevant software that I can and I thought that would help - but obviously, something is still amiss. It looks like I can use the Windows Media Player playlists, but that's a crap system and I don't want to start on another system if I can avoid it.

PS: Thanks for your interest in my "Issue" and for your responses so far. Hope you can help - but - if all else fails - my phone is still working and I'll just make do I guess.
Offline   Reply With Quote