View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
Moonlitgirl

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default BBSAK wipe w/no Blackberry Plan

Please Login to Remove!

This is my 1st time posting here. Sorry in advance if I sound like an idiot.

Background: Yesterday I had the JVM Error 102. It took a super long time, but I got my BB up and running again. So everything is great.

I'm not a tech person. I read through so many threads on different forums to try and resolve my JVM error. Bb Desktop Mgr and JL Commander didn't help. Eventually I took care of my corrupted file with BBSAK.

More Background. My phone is an unlocked ATT Bold 9000 4.6. Right now I DON'T HAVE A BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN OR ANY DATA PLAN AT ALL. I use an ATT Gophone prepaid sim card for phone and texting only. If I need to I use wifi and don't have any problems using hotspot browsing option.

Question: Tons of advice on here to resolve my earlier problem was just to "wipe" your BB. Since I don't have the BB plan I don't have access to the operating systems on App World. If I have a "full" device backup in BBDesktop Manager does that include the OS 4.6 or is that just other stuff??

Related Question: I saw on Crackberry where they had lists of all the OS. I saw an "official" verison for an upgrade to 5.0, but it just links you back to BBWorld I don't have access to. I also saw a "leaked" OS 5. Does anyone know if there would be problems loading a leaked version without the BBPlan? (I'm talking about as a last resort if my BB was crashed again and the fix I just did wouldn't solve it. I purposely avoided the wipe option because I wasn't sure if I'd end up with no OS on it because I don't have access to any OS. Being persistent paid off, but I'm worried about next time.)

Thank you!
Offline   Reply With Quote