View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 03:13 PM   #16
pacemkr
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile

I think the amazon deal is a little better, thats where I ordered mine a couple of days back (and it was shipped the next day, no wait here). Yes you do not get the BT headset, but who cares. That other website requires a 2 year agreement, a crappy BT headset is not worth that. Amazon is only a year agreement. Price wise there is a difference. What is that difference, well that depends on which rebates you get screwed out of.

Amazon: $200 up front - $50 tmobile rebate (reliable, ~2 months to get it) - $150 amazon rebate (not so reliable, ~9-10 months to get it, yes you read it right, they have a 6 month retention time and a 3 month processing time per rebate) = Best case FREE or Worst case $150 w/ a one year agreement.

Not too bad at all.

WirelessBuy: $99 - $50 probably tmobile rebate = Best case $50 + Free BT Headset, Worst case $50 + Free BT Headset (unless they screw you over w/ that BT headset) w/ a 2 year agreement.

That 2 year agreement and a fishy website were a deal breaker for me. For example try to find on their site what kind of agreement they require. You cant, not untill half way through the ordering process in fine print somewhere where it says a 24 month agreement is required.

Now reading biellos's experience getting a used product... well I'm glad I decided to pass on their deal.

So $150 w/ a one year agreement and I know what I am getting, or $50 w/ a two year agreement and you could be getting a cat in the sack. For me it was an easy decision.