Old 07-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #1
Anidamo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Talking [New App] Mango, the *free* OneManga comic/manga reader for BlackBerry

Please Login to Remove!

Mango is a manga (Japanese comics) reader for BlackBerry devices. With Mango, you can read any of your favorite manga series available on OneManga.com over-the-air through your network's 3G or EVDO connection, scaled down to your phone's screen size and at significantly faster speed and better quality than the built-in Browser or Opera Mini. It's also a snap to zoom in to an image to read small text, all you have to do is double-tap the screen. And best of all, it's free.

Mango supports touchscreen gestures when running on a BlackBerry Storm; you can swipe left or right to switch pages, double tap to toggle zoom, drag your finger to pan around the image, and click to advance to the next page. A simple bookmarks system is also in place, allowing you to return to a specific page and chapter of a manga later on, and it's less cumbersome than using the Browser because you don't have to go through and delete duplicate bookmarks -- the app does this for you.

---

Known Issues/Missing Features:
-Feature: Save pages to your SD card as you read them, neatly organized into folders
-Bug: High-resolution images can be difficult to read when Mango scales them down to the phone's screen size. In the meantime, you can zoom in to read these pages.

To-Do for next release:
Quote:
Version 1.01 has been released. Don't expect another release like that for a looong time. >.>

---

Here's a bunch of screenshots from Mango v1.01.

OTA Download link:
Scroll to the bottom of the page.
OTA Download Link - Mango v1.01 (Storm, OS 4.7)

Please post any problems you have with the app, as well as comments or suggestions; I will read and attempt to respond to all of them, and if I like a suggestion I will see if I can add it into the app!

Enjoy!
Offline   Reply With Quote