View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 11:32 AM   #16
Good_Guy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon/Sprint

Again, not trying to make this a RIM vs Good thread, though you seemed to be obsessed with such. We don't release every deal we make.

As for your comment about being obsessed with MSFT, this thread is about MSFT, hence the reply. My points were not why Good is better than MSFT. My comments were why RIM and Good are better than MSFT.

Regarding the open-source products, I have to disagree. I don't see any major manufacturer subsidizing those products. Best case, they are SMB/Consumer space products, not enterprise, and there are more established players already in that area. Good already has the three major US carriers selling our product. RIM, obviously has a huge relationship with the carriers. Internationally, there are carriers coming, but RIM does own that market, no doubt.

People have been saying Good would collapse to Visto, Intellisync, Seven and RIM, and now MSFT, but it has yet to happen. Yes, consolidation in this space is happening, but the youngest player, Good, is still standing.