View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 01:44 PM   #39
PCW
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default This is what T-Mob customer service told me...

I called about enabling third-party software apps, such as Verichat, Blackchat, etc.

When trying to connect with Verichat on my T-Mob 7290 (I'm a BWC customer, not BES), it says, "Could not find a service book".

When trying to connect with Blackchat, the blue screen appears and says, "Description: Cannot CONNECT to the IM Server (could not open tunnel - failed)

I phoned T-Mobile. The C.S. girl, who seemed fairly knowledgeable and on top of things, first said it should only be a matter of re-sending a service book to my device, which we did, then quickly remove and reinstall the battery to force a full reset (I don't know why she didn't tell me to simply hit the reset button with a paperclip).

I asked her if I need to be a BES client. She replied, "No, it should work for you as a BWC customer just fine."

When we still couldn't get Verichat or Blackchat to work, she put me on hold to consult an engineer. When she came back on she told me that he explained to her that since these applications are third-party, T-Mobile doesn't officially support them, has no documentation on them, and allows them at the customer's own risk, although they don't block them, etc.

Any suggestions out there?

ALSO, on another note... I asked her if T-Mobile has a roaming agreement with Cingular/ATTWS for areas that T-Mobile has no coverage. She said yes, for both voice and data. I asked, GSM and GPRS? She said yes.

I asked, how about an area such as my neighborhood, where T-Mobile has coverage nearby, but not at my house, where an ATTWS site sits nearby on a hill overlooking my neighborhood.

She said that I should be able to manually select their network and be up and running (which it doesn't - it indicates AT&T, but I can't utilize their network).

She had no solution other than to contact Cingular. She did, however, check her resources and told me that T-Mob will roam onto Cingular in the San Diego, Los Angeles, Sacramento and San Francisco markets if there is no T-Mob signal present.

Anybody have luck with this?