dmead
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: EVO
PIN: the tail on the donkey!
Carrier: Sprint
Default Re: Has the TSA gone too far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
The issue is many people--if you trust the polls it's apparently 60+ percent--believe it is wrong. I'd go so far as to say these people would say it is un-American and akin to what they would expect in a police state, if they had been asked.

We can argue the legality of it and all, but people have a strong sense of what is good and right, and that's what it all boils down to in the end.

I think there is also a broad sense that it is misguided and ineffective as well to seemly treat everyone the same instead of finding the dangerous people and keeping them from the plane.

The argument that you should have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide is very offensive to a lot of people who think deeper than you on the subject of their rights. They know you have to stand up for yourself even when it seems a small matter, or it won't matter when the issue becomes a big one.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Well thought out post. Thanks. I wonder how the traveling American citizen would react to Isreali style airport security. It seems to me that we have come up with a solution that doesn't impead on ones race as a means of security, but doesn't necessarily protect ones "privates". You privacy has not been violated, they (the TSA agent) don't know you name or any data that could be used against you when you are being scanned. "Scan Everyone", then no one can come out and say they picked me out of the line because of the way i looked. God forbid we go back to offending people based on race or the way they look.

I honestly don't know what the answer is except that we need to keep the bad guys off of planes and further more out of this country.
Offline   Reply With Quote