View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 02:43 PM   #28
Tixxx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAurora View Post
I couldn't agree more, impressive application. Having been a long time Nuvi owner I love the instant familiarity of the typical Garmin application.

It seems that the navigating to coordinates feature was left out, which is a bummer.

Also, I wonder what happens if you have to switch devices, like when your BB breaks and you're getting a new one. Their website says that the lifetime purchase price is tied to a specific BB.
Question: How can I transfer my Garmin Mobile for Blackberry license to a new phone?
Answer:

Garmin Mobile is offered as a one time purchase for your Blackberry. The license applies to the first phone on which the application is activated. If upgrading to a different Blackberry, the license expires and much be re-purchased if continued use is desired.

If a phone is replaced by its carrier because of a malfunction, Garmin can transfer a license to the replacement device. This transfer must occur within the first twelve months of activation and is at Garmin's sole discretion. Garmin allows one transfer of this type for each license. In order to transfer a Garmin Mobile license, please contact technical support.

To find out more about the Garmin User Terms, view the Garmin Mobile for Blackberry EULA.
Last modified on: 12/17/2008
Offline   Reply With Quote