Old 03-17-2007, 12:11 AM   #29
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauragal
Update:

Cannot even seem to install DM 4.2.1 SP1 to the PC. Keep getting error messages. Will have to wait until I can get my hands on my daughter's XP PC. What a total waste of a day!!!

Laura
Laura, if I may put in a suggestion John. Sorry for the disruption. However if Laura has an INTEL based cpu Mac ... then if she's willing even with her local Apple store rep for guidance update the firmware of her Mac - which SHOULD NOT disrupt any app installed or preferences or anything - then installed Boot CAMP. Its perfectly legal to install your daughters WinXP SP2 OS disc for a DUAL BOOT option - follow directions on Apple.com site for BOOTCAMP and specific model firmware. (*heck if you have Parallels even better for dual OS mode/coherence).

Then you can follow John's procedures in his original post above to the letter.

PS2BOTH of you. Again sorry for the intrusion just a possible option I'm suggesting. John sorry for the intrusion once again. Also is there a way to follow your steps and the policy.bin procedure in your original post WITHOUT uninstall of the BBDM - I failed as I tried to rush through without uninstall & reinstall - I should've known better :(

Cheers.
Offline   Reply With Quote