View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 05:01 PM   #25
grey123

Model: storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I've also had this same error "Your computer must be connected to the Internet" after installing DM 4.7 for my new Storm. This is my first BB device, so also my first time installing DM on my PC. Over the coarse of the past few days, I've tried all the recommended solutions (uninstalling/reinstalling, disabling virus software, disabling my firewall, blah...blah...blah) and nothing let me make the connection to sync my Storm. Then...for other reasons, I went back and installed V Cast with Rhaopsody from the white Verizon CD (after DM 4.7 was installed and still getting the "Your computer must be connected to the Internet" error message). A few minutes later, I hooked up my phone to transfer files to the data card and I tried the sync button (just for fun) and it worked. It's continued to work for a few days now with a number of re-boots to the PC.

I'm no techy and I have no idea (or concern) if installing V Cast was what fixed this issue, but it works now. You might want to try it if you haven't already installed this piece of software.

Grey
Offline   Reply With Quote